- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The release date for Universal Pictures and Sony Pictures’ Insidious: Chapter 4 is moving from Oct. 20, 2017, to Jan. 5, 2018.
The new date allows Half to Death from Blumhouse to take the vacated Oct. 20, 2017, slot. The supernatural thriller Insidious: Chapter 4 stars Lin Shaye as Dr. Elise Rainier, the brilliant parapsychologist who faces her most fearsome and personal haunting yet.
The film was written by co-creator Leigh Whannell (Saw), who wrote the trilogy and directed Insidious: Chapter 3. Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions is financing Insidious: Chapter 4, and domestic distribution will be handled by Universal Pictures.
Sony will handle international distribution. Blumhouse’s Half to Death sees a college student, played by La La Land star Jessica Rothe, relive the day of her murder, with its unexceptional details and terrifying end, until she discovers her killer’s identity.
Half to Death was directed by Christopher Landon (Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day