- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — The big screen version of popular 1970’s book and television series Catweazle, which aired to over 8 million viewers per episode in the U.K. and was also broadcast in over 50 countries globally is taking shape.
BAFTA winner John Henderson will direct the £6 million ($9.3 million) budgeted project being produced by fellow British Academy winner Paul Knight.
U.K.-based sales and finance banner Intandem Films, listed here on the stock exchange, is teaming with the U.K. production banner Ettinger Brothers, led by Philip Ettinger, to raise cash for the budget through an Enterprise Investment Scheme.
Intandem takes on worldwide sales duties and is executive producer for the movie.
Intandem director Andrew Brown described Catweazle as “a classic and timeless ‘fish out of water’ story and will be a delightful, modern family romp.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards