- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“You either love him or you hate him, but he’s definitely a director to watch,” says the festival’s founder Michael Kutza.
In years past, two of Moore’s previous projects, Roger and Me and Bowling for Columbine, also screened at the festival.
Where to Invade Next had its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, where it received positive reviews. In her TIFF review of the doc, The Hollywood Reporter‘s Deborah Young wrote: “Funny and always on topic without going overboard, it’s an engaging film that could broaden Moore’s fan base.”
Where to Invade Next recently sold to a yet-to-be-named distribution label from former Radius founders and co-presidents Tom Quinn and Jason Janego and Alamo Drafthouse founder and CEO Tim League.
The Centerpiece screening is set to take place on Oct. 23 at the AMC River East in Chicago.
The Chicago film festival runs from Oct. 15 to Oct. 29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day