- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon Favreau isn’t directing Iron Man 3, but he’ll be present on the set.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Favreau has closed a deal to reprise his role of Happy Hogan — the bodyguard-sidekick to Tony Stark/Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. — in the Marvel Studios threequel.
The movie began shooting Wednesday in North Carolina under the direction of Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang). It’s the first production for Marvel in the aftermath of the billion-dollar success of The Avengers.
Iron Man 3 will feature returning co-star Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts and a slew of newcomers: Rebecca Hall, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale and Ashley Hamilton.
Favreau directed the first two Iron Man movies; he appeared as Hogan in a cameo in the first movie and played an expanded part in Iron Man 2.
It is unclear how big the role is in the third movie, but having Favreau return as Hogan seems like a sign of solidarity on Favreau and Marvel’s part and an endorsement of Black.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day