- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is in a classic no-win scenario in the Super Bowl spot for Iron Man 3. When an explosion rips through Air Force One, 13 people are thrown into a free fall. And unfortunately, the Iron Man armor only has the ability to save four people.
That doesn’t deter Stark – who in previous films has made a habit of pushing his armor further than it should be able to go. An extended version available only on Facebook includes new footage of Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin.
Directed by Downey’s Kiss Kiss Bang Bang helmer Shane Black, Iron Man 3 also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Guy Pearce. The film hits theaters May 3.
Marvel Studios previously ran big game spots for Iron Man (2008), 2011’s Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, and last year’s The Avengers.
Watch the ad below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day