- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With production on Ant-Man finally beginning this week in San Francisco Marvel Studios has released the first image of Paul Rudd as the movie’s lead, Scott Lang. The surprisingly low-key image, with the hoodie-wearing Rudd looking a million miles away from the glamour of other Marvel heroes like Tony Stark, Thor or even Captain America, reinforces Lang’s origins in the movie as a thief brought on by Michael Douglas’ Hank Pym for a heist to reclaim stolen technology. But, still: You’d think he might have shaved before his first official publicity photo.
The movie was originally scheduled to begin shooting earlier this summer before the departure of original director Edgar Wright and the arrival of Peyton Reed as his replacement. Also appearing in the movie are Corey Stoll, Evangeline Lilly and, as revealed yesterday, John Slattery, reprising his role as Iron Man’s father, Howard Stark. In addition to its current San Francisco dates, the movie will be shot on location in Atlanta. Ant-Man is scheduled for release July 17, 2015.
— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) August 19, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day