- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This Is Us star Chrissy Metz is ready to embrace her darker side.
Metz is attached to star in the horror film The Will O Wisp from up-and-coming Canadian writer/director Evan Cooper. The psychological thriller centers on a recently divorced Montana man and his dog, who are beckoned into the woods on their property after seeing strange lights.
The indie project is described as Signs meets Misery. Metz will play a nurse with a checkered past who works at the local assisted-living center.
Metz came to prominence with a recurring role on FX’s American Horror Story: Freakshow from 2014-15, and her profile skyrocketed with NBC’s This Is Us. Metz is coming off best supporting actress Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for her work as Kate Pearson on the family drama, which continues to earn big ratings in its second season.
Cooper recently directed the short film The Armoire, which has been making the rounds on the festival circuit.
Metz is repped by CAA. Cooper is repped by Kailey Marsh Media and UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day