- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This Is Us headliner Chrissy Metz is set to star in the Fox 2000 Pictures drama The Impossible, from director Roxann Dawson and preacher turned producer DeVon Franklin, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Metz will play a mother whose teen son falls through a frozen lake and is left lifeless. She remains at his bedside and offers prayers until he is nursed back to life.
Metz came to prominence with a recurring role on FX’s American Horror Story: Freakshow from 2014-15, and her profile skyrocketed with NBC’s This Is Us. Metz is coming off best supporting actress Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for her work as Kate Pearson on the family drama.
The Impossible is a movie adaptation of Joyce Smith’s memoir, The Impossible: The Miraculous Story of a Mother’s Faith and Her Child’s Resurrection. Production on the pic will start next month in Winnipeg, Manitoba, according to the Directors Guild of Canada.
Metz is represented by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Green Knight
Anne Hathaway, Michaela Coel to Star in David Lowery’s Pop Epic ‘Mother Mary’ for A24
Film Independent Announces Inaugural Filmmakers for Imaginar Producers Residency (Exclusive)
Behind The Screen
Sohonet Expanding Its Remote Collaboration Capabilities With Acquisition of 5th Kind