- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rae and Deniese Davis of Color Creative are partnering with Feig and Laura Fischer of Powderkeg on a teen movie contest and are asking for submissions of feature film pitches for projects that exemplify the modern teen experience.
They are specifically looking for fresh and inclusive perspectives on the lives of high schoolers. The contest’s prompt reads: “The creators of Freaks and Geeks and Insecure are looking for a comedic story that tells the teen experience in 2020. The stakes are high (or at least feel high) and the high school experience is so varied but somehow universal.”
Two projects will be chosen as finalists, and will then be given a budget of $25,000 to produce a proof of concept short film. A final pitch will then be selected to produce as a feature-length film. Both Color Creative and Powderkeg will produce and then set the film up for distribution.
Submissions are now open and will be running through Aug. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day