- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The low-budget gamer movie Wizard’s Way is already generating heat before its debut at the Slamdance Film Festival this weekend.
Jack Black and his Electric Dynamite production company have come on to executive produce the movie. At the same time, they have also acquired the remake rights and will develop and produce a large-scale feature project.
Black will serve as an executive producer along with Electric Dynamite’s Priyanka Mattoo.
Way is a British mockumentary/found-footage movie that centers on two ambitious filmmakers who discover what they hope are reality TV stars, a nerd and his friend who play an aging online fantasy video game called Wizard’s Way. Soon, lives on both sides are changed, as a tussle between hipsters and gamers ensues.
The film is written and directed by Joe Stretch, Socrates Adams and Chris Killen. WME Global is handling domestic sales.
Electric Dynamite, Black, Stretch, Adams and Killen are repped by WME. Electric Dynamite is repped by Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day