- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eleanor Tomlinson has nabbed the female lead in New Line’s Jack the Giant Killer.
As Heat Vision first reported last week, Tomlinson was in contention for the role along with Adelaide Kane, an Australian actress who starred in Power Rangers RPM.
The project, which Bryan Singer is directing, is a retelling of the Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale centering on a farm boy who leads an expedition to free a princess taken hostage by a giant, a situation which threatens the uneasy peace between humans and giants.
Nicholas Hoult stars as the peasant while Stanley Tucci is playing the villain, an advisor to the king with designs on usurping power.
Ewan McGregor, Bill Bighy and John Kassir are also in the cast.
British-born Tomlinson, repped by WME and London-based Conway Van Gelder, appeared in Alice in Wonderland and starred in the UK pic Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day