- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jackie Chan and Sylvester Stallone are teaming up for an action movie.
Scott Waugh, who helmed Need for Speed, is in negotiations to direct Ex-Baghdad, the action project in which Chan and Stallone will star.
Talent International is set to finance with Chan, Hans Canosa, Esmond Ren and Joe Tam producing.
The story centers on two ex-special forces soldiers who must escort a group of civilians along Baghdad’s “Highway of Death” to the safety of the Green Zone.
The project is budgeted at $80 million, which sources say is one of the highest for a Chinese production.
The project is aimed at international audiences: Chan is one of the most recognizable and bankable names on the worldwide scene while Stallone is another who has more value outside the U.S. than domestically.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain