- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jackie Chan, star of the Rush Hour and Kung Fu Panda franchises, will lend his voice to Once Upon a Zodiac, an animated feature for Toonbox Entertainment and GAMA Entertainment. Chan will also executive produce the movie, now in production in Toronto.
The global star will voice Zell, an elderly cat sage who speaks with wisdom and balanced charisma. Zell has long embraced the role of the cats as stewards of the Zodiac, and maintainers of the traditions and balance between the other animals.
“We are proud to have Jackie Chan part of this film as an executive producer. We are captivated by Jackie Chan’s talent and the leadership that he brings to our animated film,” Galen Walker, who’s producing Once Upon a Zodiac along with Hong Kim, said in a statement.
The animated movie is written by Daniel Persitz and Devon Kliger.
Chan is no stranger to animated movies, having voiced Mr. Feng in The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature, and Monkey in the Kung Fu Panda franchise. Chan also did voiceover work for the Chinese edition of Disney’s Mulan, and starred in his own animated hit series, Jackie Chan Adventures.
Chan, who is also set to star alongside John Cena in an action-thriller from Need for Speed director Scott Waugh, is repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day