- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Notorious ladies man James Bond found himself being dominated recently by one of the most powerful in the world: Queen Elizabeth. Following a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace, Daniel Craig agreed to shoot an introduction for the upcoming 2012 Olympic Games directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire) in which James Bond receives a mission to launch the Opening Ceremony.
2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the Bond films, which makes the introduction, entitled “The Arrival,” doubly special. In the short, Bond is informed of his mission at Buckingham Palace then flown via helicopter to Olympic Stadium in Stratford, east London, where he parachutes into the arena. According to The Sun, Boyle and his crew were given “unprecedented” access to the Queen’s private rooms while filming at Buckingham.
Rumors abound that the Queen is making a cameo appearance in the short, but thus far the Palace is keeping those details secret.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day