- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Bond fans, prepare to get shaken and stirred: 007 ditches his trademark martini for Heineken in an ad campaign tied to the fall premiere of Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig as the iconic agent.
According to Ad Age, Craig will star in a Heineken spot to air internationally. The commercial is a creation of agency Wieden & Kennedy, Amsterdam with Fredrik Bond (no relation) as director. In addition, the actor will sip from the label’s beer in at least one scene in Skyfall.
As part of the brand’s collaboration with the Bond franchise, imagery of the character will be included on packaging materials.
Heineken USA marketing exec Lesya Lysyj called Bond the “perfect fit for us” and the “epitome of the man of the world.”
Speaking of manly worldliness, the swashbuckling ladies’ man will open the 2012 London Olympic Games, as previously reported.
Following a personal invite to Buckingham Palace, Craig filmed an introduction for the summer games in which Bond gets an assignment to launch the event, parachuting into Olympic Stadium in Stratford, east London.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tick... Tick... Boom!
The Eyes of Tammy Faye