- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Get On Up, the biopic of legendary performer James Brown, will open this year’s Zurich International Film Festival.
Chadwick Boseman, who played another African American legend, Jackie Robinson, in Brian Helgeland‘s 42, is the Godfather of Soul in Get On Up.
Boseman and Taylor will be in Zurich for the festival premiere on Sept. 25.
Taylor is no stranger to Zurich. His Oscar-winning hit The Help was Zurich’s closing-night film in 2011, and the director made the trip to the Swiss fest with The Help star Octavia Spencer. Spencer plays James Brown’s aunt in Get On Up.
The biopic also features The Help star Viola Davis together with Dan Aykroyd and Lennie James. The Universal Pictures feature has earned around $30 million so far since its Aug. 1 domestic release.
Brian Grazer and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger are credited producers on Get On Up. After its Zurich bow, the film opens in theaters in French-speaking Switzerland on Sept. 26 ahead of its continental rollout.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day