- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Academy Nicholl Fellowship winner James DiLapo’s script Devils At Play as been chosen to be presented as the Ballroom Marfa’s 2013 The Reading on May 18 at the Crowley Theater in Marfa, Texas.
Film director Julia Dyer will direct the staged performance, which Carolyn Pfeiffer and Ballroom Marfa board member Nancy Sanders will produce.
Set in the Soviet Union in 1937, Devils At Play, which also was on the 2012 Black List, centers on an officer of the secret police who finds a list of traitors that he believes could be his ticket out of the repressed existence he struggles with day to day.
DiLapo, repped by Verve and Kaplan/Perrone, was recently hired by Warner Bros. to write a futuristic re-telling of Homer’s The Odyssey.
Dyer’s film The Playroom, starring John Hawkes and Molly Parker, premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2012.
This year’s Filmmaker Selection Committee was comprised of director Ava DuVernay, actress Marcia Gay Harden, director Sacha Gervasi and Robert Shapiro.
Founded in 2003 by Fairfax Dorn and Virginia Lebermann, Ballroom Marfa is a cultural arts space, presenting visual arts, music, and film with equal vigor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day