- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The official trailer for James Franco’s Future World has dropped. The film depicts a post-apocalyptic world where water and gasoline have long evaporated. Franco stars in and co-directed the sci-fi action movie, which marks his follow-up to The Disaster Artist.
The Mad Max-style trailer reveals the end of the world and commencement of a new dark age. Upon finding Ash, a cyborg assassin known as a “synthetic,” a warlord (Franco) whispers into her ear, “I’ve been looking for you for a long time.”
Meanwhile, a prince from one of the last known safe havens attempts to find medicine for the ailing queen (Lucy Liu). Once she discovers the prince’s quest to cure his mother, Ash joins him in an act of defiance against her programming, while the warlord desperately attempts to get her back under control.
Franco directed with Bruce Theirry Cheung (the pair previously collaborated on a short series titled Making a Scene With James Franco).
The thriller will be released in select theaters and on demand May 25.
Franco earned a Golden Globe for his role as Tommy Wiseau in The Disaster Artist earlier this year. He was snubbed by the Oscars after five women came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Matilda the Musical