- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While the last-minute shelving of Sony’s The Interview may be nothing but an expensive headache for those involved, James Gunn found a little humor in current events. The director shared an image online revealing the unexpected way in which Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2 has been affected by what’s going on.
Outside of the obvious joke, the image is filled with Easter Eggs for the fanboy faithful: Galactus is a cosmic Fantastic Four character who eats planets, J’Son of Spartax is Peter Quill’s father in the comic book mythology, while Martinex is a character from the original Guardians of the Galaxy comic book series. “Tony Stark from the Future” and “Ben Parker,” of course, are shout-outs to Iron Man and Spider-Man’s uncle, respectively, and we all know who Luke Skywalker and Kevin Bacon are.
The question of the identity of Quill’s father is one of the most obvious unresolved plots from the original Guardians movie, and one that Gunn has said will be addressed in future movies. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be released May 5, 2017.
Read more ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Gets Its Own Honest Trailer
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day