- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
IFC Films has acquired all U.S. rights to writer-director Eran Creevy’s action thriller Welcome to the Punch from Worldview Entertainment. The film stars James McAvoy as a detective pursuing a former criminal, played by Mark Strong, who returns to London from a hideaway in Iceland after his son is involved in a heist gone wrong.
PHOTOS: 10 Billion Dollar Babies: Movies That Have Crossed the 10 Figure Mark
Punch, which also stars Andrea Riseborough, was produced by Rory Aitken and Ben Pugh of Between the Eyes and Brian Kavanaugh Jones of Automatik. Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah Johnson Redlich executive produced with Ridley Scott and Liza Marshall of Scott Free Productions, Xavier Marchand of Momentum Pictures, and Stuart Ford of IM Global.
?“Welcome to the Punch is an ingenious action thriller featuring some of the best actors working today,” Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects-IFC Films, said.
STORY: Cannes 2012: Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart’s ‘On the Road’ Acquired by IFC Films and Sundance Selects
?The deal was negotiated between Jeff Deutchman, director of acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects-IFC Films and CAA, which repped Worldview. IM Global has international rights to the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day