- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cinedigm has picked up the North American rights to writer/director James Merendino’s SLC Punk sequel, Punk’s Dead: SLC Punk 2.
The U.S. distributor plans a limited theatrical run in early 2016, followed by digital, TV and VOD distribution. Ben Schnetzer, Hannah Marks, Colson “MGK” Baker, Sarah Clarke (Twilight) and Devon Sawa star in Punk’s Dead.
“We’re thrilled to be bringing this cult favorite sequel to both the original fans of SLC Punk, as well as a whole new audience,” Cinedigm’s Yolanda Macias, executive vp acquisitions, said Wednesday in a statement.
The sequel to the 1999 cult hit SLC Punk follows new outcast misfits through the Utah hinterlands, where the now teenage son of Heroin Bob, Ross, along with his friends, Penny and Crash, go on a road trip to a punk show aided by drugs and alcohol.
Punk’s Dead is produced by Andrea Kreuzhage, with John Bedell executive producing. The North American distribution deal was negotiated by Cinedigm’s Kristin Harris, executive director of content acquisitions, and Mette-Marie Katz, director of sales at XYZ Films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day