- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jamie Bell and Margaret Qualley are set to star in a biopic about iconic dancing duo Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
Amazon Studios and Automatik are behind the movie — titled Fred & Ginger — which will be directed by The End of the F*ucking World creator Jonathan Entwistle.
The biopic, written by A Private War scripter Arash Amel, will tell the untold, real love story between these two legends both on- and offscreen.
Fred Berger and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones will produce for Automatik, along with Bell, Qualley and Amel. Max Minghella will executive produce under his and Bell’s Blank Tape banner. Gemma Levinson will be overseeing for Automatik.
Bell, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, and Qualley, repped by UTA and Management 360, have previously starred in dance-centric projects Billy Elliot and FX series Fosse/Verdon, respectively.
Amel and Entwistle are repped by Grandview.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day