- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fifty Shades of Grey star Jamie Dornan in in final negotiations to join the cast of Robin Hood: Origins, Lionsgate’s take on the British archer-thief who stole from the rich and gave to the poor.
Taron Egerton is on board as Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx will play Little John and Eve Hewson will portray Maid Marian in the retelling that is being directed by Otto Bathurst.
Dornan will play Will Scarlett, known as the member of the band of Merry Men who is the hot-headed wearer of fine clothes and the best swordsman of the bunch. In this version, however, he is Marian’s husband, who will be none too happy when he learns that she loves the outlaw.
A January start in Budapest is being planned.
Dornan recently starred in Anthropoid with Cillian Murphy and will next star in the Netflix film Jadotville, which is set to be released in October.
The actor, who is coming off production of the next two installments of the 50 Shades franchise, will next begin production on Untogether, co-starring Ben Mendelsohn and to be directed by Emma Forrest.
Dornan is repped by UTA, Troika in the U.K. and Sloane, Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day