- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Oscar winner would play Electro, a villain who controls electricity and was introduced to the Marvel Comics universe in The Amazing Spider-Man #9 back in 1964. The character, whose real name is Max Dillon, has not previously been portrayed on film, though he was included in an unproduced treatment written by James Cameron in the late ‘80s.
Foxx ignited fan speculation when he tweeted Thursday about dressing up like a certain villain.
Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.
— Jamie Foxx (@iamjamiefoxx) November 1, 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man follow-up is slated for a May 2, 2014 release and reunites director Marc Webb with stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, as well as newcomer Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson. The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day