- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jane Seymour has joined coming-of-age indie dramedy Scout.
Wrestling With Alligators writer-director Laurie Weltz is helming the indie, which also stars India Ennenga, James Frecheville, Onata Aprile, Ellen Burstyn, Tim Guinee, Danny Glover and Nikki Reed.
The BrownBag Pictures and Decipher Entertainment film, which is currently shooting in Los Angeles, follows a rebellious goth girl named Scout (Ennenga) who convinces Sam, a suicidal young man (Frecheville), to go on a road trip with her across Texas to track down her little sister (Aprile), who’s been taken from her great-grandmother’s (Burstyn) home by their father (Guinee) and his girlfriend (Reed).
Seymour will play Sam’s mother, who has hired a man (Glover) to track him down.
Beverley A. Gordon, Nic Emiliani and Dwjuan Fox are producing.
Seymour, whose long list of films includes 1973’s Live and Let Die, 1980’s Somewhere in Time, 1981’s East of Eden and 2013’s Austenland, is repped by Innovative Artists and Thruline Entertainment. The English actress recently booked a guest spot on ABC’s new comedy Back in the Game.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown