- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Janelle Monáe is joining Disney’s live-action Lady and the Tramp.
She joins a voice cast that will be led by Tessa Thompson as Lady and Justin Theroux as Tramp. Ashley Jensen is set to play the Scottish Terrier Jackie, while Doctor Strange star Benedict Wong has been cast to voice the English Bulldog Bull.
Kiersey Clemons and Thomas Mann will play the human stars, Darlin and Jim Dear.
Monáe will play Peg, the wise-cracking pound dog voiced in the 1955 original animated film by Peggy Lee.
Charlie Bean (The Lego Ninjago Movie) is directing the remake, which is expected to debut on Disney’s upcoming digital streaming service, launching in 2019. Andrew Bujalski wrote the script. Jessica Virtue and Chaz Salembier are overseeing for Disney.
Monáe, who is repped by WME, Wondaland Management and Ziffren Brittenham, will next be seen in Robert Zemeckis’ Welcome to Marwen and is set for Focus Features’ Harriet Tubman biopic Harriet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day