- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meesa thinks it’s a long shot.
In a recent Funny or Die clip, Jar Jar Binks makes a plea to Ron Howard to be added into the Han Solo spinoff after it was announced this week the Apollo 13 director was taking the reins of the pic.
Jar Jar is in disguise for the nearly two-minute faux clip in which he praises Howard’s work and says he knows the mostly unpopular Phantom Menace character would be a great addition.
“The best choice would be to put Jar Jar in the movie,” says Jar Jar with his voice changed. “Jar Jar Binks is a beloved character who is in great shape right now.”
The incognito Jar Jar really pushes his luck with the request.
“If you really want to turn this movie around, you have got to get Jar Jar in there, and not just a supporting role,” he says. “Maybe it’s a Jar Jar movie now.”
Jar Jar is sure if it happens, he and Howard will be good pals.
“Maybe they could become lifelong friends, ride tandem bikes and shit,” he says.
Check out the full plea below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day