- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures is courting Jared Leto to star in Bloodshot, an adaptation of the comic from Valiant Entertainment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Leto has the offer to play the title character, but dealmaking has yet to begin, according to sources.
Dave Wilson is attached to direct the sci-fi/action feature project, which would be produced by Neal H. Moritz and Toby Jaffe through their Original Film banner.
Described as being, in part, a crime-oriented Frankenstein thriller, the story centers on a mob killer named Angelo Mortalli who enters a witness protection program. When he is betrayed by a handler, he becomes part of a secret experiment to create the ultimate killing machine. His memories are erased and he is injected with microscopic computers called nanites. Now an unstoppable force, he tries to rediscover who he was while battling both the mob and the police.
Jason Kothari and Dinesh Shamdasaniof Valiant are executive producing.
Bloodshot is part of Sony’s attempt to create a cinematic universe out of the various Valiant IP.
Leto has an affinity for the comic book medium and previously played the Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad. He will next be seen with Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in Blade Runner 2049.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day