- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prolific Japanese actor Tadanobu Asano is joining Jared Leto in The Outsider.
Land of Mine director Martin Zandvliet is making his English-language debut with the action-thriller, which stars Leto as an American soldier imprisoned in Japan after WWII. After his cellmate (Asano) helps him get out, he enters the dangerous criminal underworld to repay the debt.
With a script by Andrew Baldwin, The Outsider will be financed by Waypoint Entertainment with Ken Kao producing alongside John Linson and Art Linson via their Linson Entertainment banner. Bloom is handling international sales in Cannes.
Asano is a well-known dramatic actor in Japan and also has been featured in several studio films, including the Thor franchise and Ronin 47. He will soon be seen in Martin Scorsese’s Silence with Liam Neeson, which Paramount will release this year. Asano is repped by Anore.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day