- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s been nine years since the world has seen Jason Bourne — but as the first look at the upcoming film Jason Bourne makes clear, time hasn’t made him any less dangerous.
The fifth installment in a series that started with 2002’s The Bourne Identity, the new movie sees the return of both Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass to the franchise, with the eponymous spy back in the spotlight after 2012’s The Bourne Legacy, which featured Jeremy Renner in the lead role.
Also returning to the series is Julia Stiles, reprising her role as Nicky Parsons, while Tommy Lee Jones, Alicia Vikander and Vincent Cassel make their Bourne debuts this time around.
The project has been surrounded by an impressive amount of secrecy — before this trailer, the movie’s title wasn’t even known — which seems somewhat fitting for a series so mired in the spy world. More will become clear when the film reaches theaters on July 29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day