- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Aftermath is set in Hamburg, Germany, following the events of World War II, and centers on a British colonel who is charged with rebuilding the city. While in Hamburg, the colonel makes the decision that he and his wife will share their new home with its previous tenants, a widower and his emotionally troubled daughter.
Fox Searchlight acquired the adaptation of the Rhidian Brook novel, which is being produced by Ridley Scott under his Scott Free production banner.
James Kent will direct the historical drama, which was adapted for the screen by Anna Waterhouse and Joe Shrapnel. The duo wrote the Jesse Owens biopic Race and are working on an adaption of Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle as well as Warner Bros.’ sequel to the Tom Cruise-starrer The Edge of Tomorrow.
Clarke is starring opposite Carey Mulligan in Dee Rees’ Mudbound and is set to play Sen. Ted Kennedy in the political drama Chappaquiddick.
Knightley and Clarke recently shared the screen playing husband and wife in Baltasar Kormakur’s man vs. nature movie, Everest.
He is repped by WME, RGM and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day