- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Clarke just may be the man to save the human race.
Clarke has the offer and is in talks to play the role of human rebel leader John Connor in the Terminator reboot being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project is in the early casting stages and is seeking actors to fill in the iconic roles created by the early James Cameron-Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi movies where robots and artificial intelligence seek to exterminate humanity.
Schwarzenegger is back and the role of Connor is in the midst of being decided between Emilia Clarke and Brie Larson, both of whom tested in November.
The project will also look to cast its Kyle Reece, the resistance fighter who travels back in time and end up fathering Connor.
Clarke has wrapped several movies since breaking out with last year’s Zero Dark Thirty, with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes among them. He is also due to star in Universal’s Everest movie.
Clarke is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day