- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Isaacs has signed on to play the villain in Gore Verbinski’s supernatural horror project A Cure for Wellness.
Dane DeHaan and Mia Goth are starring in the New Regency feature project, which tells the story of an employee (DeHaan) who is sent to rescue his boss from a European “wellness spa.” He soon realizes he’s trapped, and discovers that the facility has a more sinister purpose than just serving the health needs of its patients.
Isaacs will play the facility’s director, an aristocratic man who has dark designs on a patient (Goth).
Production is slated to start in Europe in June, and the film will be distributed worldwide through New Regency’s deal with 20th Century Fox.
Isaacs is coming off a Critics’ Choice Award for his work in Lifetime’s Stockholm, Pennsylvania and recently starred with Anne Heche in USA’s Dig. Moviewise, Isaacs, who may be best known for playing Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films, last appeared in Fury.
Isaacs is repped by Gersh, Silver Lining Entertainment, and attorney Karl Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day