- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Mitchell has joined Sony’s Superfly remake from Director X.
Alex Tse (Watchmen) penned the screenplay for the reimagining of the ’70s cult classic that follows a cocaine dealer who tries to secure one more deal before getting out of the business.
Trevor Jackson, who can currently be seen in the Freeform comedy Grown-ish, will lead the cast as Youngblood Priest. Mitchell will play his business partner, Eddie.
Also joining the production is rapper Future, who will produce alongside Joel Silver. Steven R. Shore, Matthew Hirsch, Hal Sadoff and Aaron Ausch will serve as executive producers.
Mitchell, whose breakout performance came as Eazy-E in Straight Outta Compton, can currently be seen on Showtime series The Chi and in the Netflix drama Mudbound.
He is repped by UTA, Authentic and Ziffren Brittenham.
Director X posted a picture to his Instagram with the full Superfly cast and crew. Check it out below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zar Amir Ebrahimi
Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey
Your Place or Mine