- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Momoa dropped by The Tonight Show on Thursday, where he pulled back the curtain a bit on his involvement in the four-hour Zack Snyder’s Justice League.
The Aquaman actor says it surprises fans to learn that he did not do any reshoots for the DC superhero opus that came out earlier this year on HBO Max. There were some reshoots involving other castmembers, including the addition of Jared Leto’s Joker.
“That was all there,” Momoa told host Jimmy Fallon, referring to his additional scenes in the longer cut. “It’s interesting when people come up to me and they’re like, ‘Oh, I really loved this! And it was so detailed, and it explained so much.’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, that’s what we went and shot [originally].'”
Momoa added, “I love Zack and [the entire film] is kind of what I signed up for eight years ago — to have his vision.”
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has a release date of Dec. 16, 2022.
Watch the Momoa interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Cannes Film Festival