- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zack Snyder is directing the Man of Steel follow-up, which is quickly turning into a who’s who of DC superheroes as Momoa joins Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman and Israeli supermodel and relative newcomer Gal Godot as Wonder Woman.
It’s unclear whom Momoa will play due to the Kryptonite lock on the project’s details. There’s been speculation that the movie’s villain could be Doomsday, a Kryptonian scientifically engineered into an intergalactic killing machine. Doomsday famously “killed” Superman in the comics, which became a media event in 1992. The character’s existence is even hinted in the extras of the Man of Steel Blu-ray.
However, a source speculated that if Warners is populating the movie with members of the Justice League, Momoa could also play the Martian Manhunter, a super-powered alien trapped on Earth. Momoa, with his muscular physique, could be a fit for either character.
Momoa played the barbarian leader Khal Drogo in the first season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, as well as Conan in 2011’s Conan the Barbarian. He’s got several indies in the works, including Wolves, a werewolf action movie written and directed by David Hayter.
Warner Bros. had no comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day