- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indian Paintbrush and Jason Reitman’s Right of Way Films have optioned The Descendants writer’s next book, The Possibilities, with Reitman attached to direct, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The novel, written by Kaui Hart Hemmings, is scheduled to hit stores on May 13 via Simon & Schuster. Set in a Colorado ski town, the story follows a grieving mother struggling to overcome her son’s death. She’s visited by a strange girl with a secret that will change them both.
Along with Indian Paintbrush, Reitman and Right of Way’s Helen Estabrook are producing.
Hemmings’ debut novel, The Descendants, was adapted into a film with a script by Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. Payne directed the George Clooney-starrer, which won the Oscar for best adapted screenplay. Hemmings is repped by Inkwell Management.
Reitman’s next film, Labor Day, starring Josh Brolin and Kate Winslet, hits theaters on Jan. 31. He’s following that up with Men, Women & Children, starring Emma Thompson, Adam Sandler and Jennifer Garner. He’s repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day