- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Reitman is kicking off a new Live Read season with an Oscar-winning ’90s classic.
Reitman will host a one-night reading of American Beauty‘s screenplay, to be performed by the cast of his recent drama Men, Women & Children. The reading takes place Oct. 16 at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Adam Sandler will take on the role of Lester Burham, which won Kevin Spacey his second Academy Award. Rosemarie DeWitt will inhabit the role of his fastidious wife, Carolyn, played in the film by Annette Bening. American Beauty, released in 1999, grossed $356 million worldwide and won five Oscars, including best picture.
Kaitlyn Dever is set to play the couple’s daughter, Jane, played in the pic by Thora Birch, while Olivia Crocicchia nabbed the role of Jane’s alluring friend, Angela, originally played by Mena Suvari. Travis Tope will portray budding filmmaker (and weed salesman) Ricky, played in the film by Wes Bentley.
Reitman, who is entering his fourth year of hosting the star-studded readings of beloved film scripts, announced that 1982’s Diner will be performed in November, with 1980’s The Empire Strikes Back chosen for December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
WGA Awards 2022
The Tragedy of Macbeth