- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sources say Statham’s deal never closed to appear in the film, which is just six weeks away from filming, and the studio is looking for his replacement. The film would have been a reteaming Statham and Hart, who shared scenes together in last year’s Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.
The Hitman’s Bodyguard filmmaker Patrick Hughes is directing Man from Toronto for a Nov. 20 release. The story uses a case of a mistaken identity as its jumping-off point after the world’s deadliest assassin, known as the Man from Toronto, and a New York City screw-up run into each other at an Airbnb. A clash of personalities, and a clash with deadly killers, ensues.
Robbie Fox penned the script from a story by Fox and Jason Blumenthal. Blumenthal is producing along with Todd Black and Steve Tisch, his partners at Escape Artists, which produced the 2019 Hart sleeper hit The Upside.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day