- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The British star also revealed that he had been looking to do a film project in China for a number of years, ever since he worked with Chinese actress Shu Qi and Hong Kong director Corey Yuen on his 2002 breakout film The Transporter. “We [Qi and Yuen] shared a lot of interests and tastes in films. I had this idea, but for years I still haven’t fulfilled it,” said Statham, adding: “The key is finding the right project with the right person.”
Statham’s comments on a possible future project in China were backed up by Zhang Zhao, CEO of Le Vision Pictures and one of the producers of The Expendables 2 and The Expendables 3, who said that Le Vision was working with Statham to create “an action movie only for Chinese audiences.”
He didn’t provide further details.
The Expendables 3 is set to hit theaters in the U.S. and Canada on Aug. 15 with a Chinese release date yet to be confirmed. The release has been overshadowed by the leak of a DVD quality version of the film on file-sharing sites with resultant legal action from Lionsgate.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day