- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID — The best-kept secret in Spain is out.
Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz’s son’s name is Leo, according to a slip of the tongue by Spanish director and family friend Santiago Segura.
“I know what you want and you don’t understand why they don’t come running to show off the baby and say, ‘Look, here’s Leo.’ You’re a bunch of busybodies,” Segura blurted out when questioned by journalists why the couple shies away from the press.
Realizing his error, Segura then said “Yeah, Leo. I think so. That’s what I think I heard. But they haven’t said anything.”
According to Spanish news reports, the baby’s full name is Leo Encinas Cruz, as is Spanish custom to use both the father and mother’s last names. Encinas is Bardem’s father’s last name, though he prefers to use his mother’s last name, Bardem.
Cruz gave birth at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles on Jan. 22.
The baby’s name could not be confirmed late Tuesday in Spain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day