- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jay Baruchel is nearing a deal to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Baruchel is one of the last major players to be boarding the film, which will begin shooting September in Toronto. Hugh Laurie, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley are already in the cast.
Baruchel will play the head of marketing for Omnicorp, the company that is building the police cyborg.
The actor will next be seen in David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis and just wrapped The End of the World, the directorial debut of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
Baruchel is repped by CAA, Willie Mercer and Marc Hamou at Thruline Entertainment and attorney Jamie Feldman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day