- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Action mainstays Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren are reteaming for Black Water, an action thriller from Dawn’s Light Media.
Van Damme and Lundgren have appeared together before, in several of the Universal Soldier action movies, but always on the opposite ends of the flying fists and feet. In Black Water they star as onscreen allies for the first time.
The script by Chad Law centers on a deep cover operative (Van Damme) who awakens to find himself imprisoned in a CIA black site on a submarine.
Richard Switzer of Dawn’s Light is producing alongside Tyler Konney. Alexander Ferguson and Jason Cherubini will serve as executive producers. Dawn’s Light is financing the picture.
Switzer and Konney recently completed a finance deal on the Josh Hutcherson-Alexandra Shipp horror comedy Tragedy Girls and also produced Altitude, a thriller that starred Lundgren and Denise Richards. The company has offices in Los Angeles and Maryland.
Taylor & Dodge will handle worldwide sales on the film.
Van Damme stars on Amazon’s original comedy series Jean-Claude Van Johnson, which was picked up by the streaming service earlier this year. He is repped by Gersh and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Lundgren is repped by Gersh and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day