- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As it turns out, the line is not a piece of dialogue but rather Malcolm’s distinctive laugh when the audience is introduced to his character, the actor revealed in a recent Ask Me Anything session on Reddit.
“It’s tough to choose but off the top of my head — I think it’s my laugh in the helicopter scene in Jurassic Park,” he said when asked his favorite line from any film he had done.
While on the helicopter in the 1993 Steven Spielberg classic, Malcolm says to Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern), “So you two dig up dinosaurs?” Grant responds, “Try to,” which prompts a laugh from Malcolm only Goldblum could pull off.
The scene is so beloved, a fan even made a remix video of the moment, which has more than 3 million views on YouTube.
Goldblum also revealed a few other unique tidbits about himself, such as his favorite color: “rainbow.”
Asked if he would like to reprise any other roles (besides Malcolm and David Levinson in the Independence Day films), Goldblum responded, “I think they’re all safely tucked in their beds and sleeping soundly.”
Goldblum reprises Malcolm once again for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, due out June 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day