- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is attached to star in The Rut, an indie drama being directed by Karyn Kusama.
Morgan will join Chloe Moretz, currently seen in Hugo, in what is being described as Winter’s Bone meets Into the Wild.
Written by Kevin Caruso, the story centers on a young girl (Moretz) who, in order to win the approval of her father (Morgan), surrounds herself with danger and adventure as she journeys into the wilderness alone to hunt deer.
Aaron Magnani and Martha Griffin are producing. Teri and Trevor Moretz are exec producing.
Financing is being put together and the producers are tentatively eying an October start.
Morgan was last seen in Peace, Love & Misunderstanding. He will next be seen in Red Dawn and has thrillers The Courier and The Possession in the can. Morgan is repped by UTA, Precision Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day