- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Garner is set to star in STXfilms’ musical comedy Fantasy Camp, with Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein to jointly write and direct, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Garner boards a feature that follows a high school teacher who faces her fears and pursues her dreams while attending a Broadway performing-arts camp for adults.
Greg Silverman (Edge of Tomorrow, Lego Movie 2) of Stampede and Adam Kolbrenner will produce. Fantasy Camp represents the latest A-list female-fronted project for STX.
The film is also based on a spec script written by Sid Karger and sold by Verve and Kolbrenner’s Lit Entertainment Group.
Garner previously worked with the studio on the crime drama Peppermint, and Kohn and Silverstein also wrote and directed STX’s 2018 film I Feel Pretty, which starred Amy Schumer.
Garner is also fresh off her first TV series-regular role since Alias ended with HBO’s Camping. The actress rose to fame after her breakout five-season run on the ABC spy thriller, for which she earned four Emmy nominations, as well as Golden Globe and SAG Award wins.
Garner is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day