- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt have offers to board Sony’s sci-fi love story Passengers.
The Hunger Games actress and Guardians of the Galaxy actor are in early talks to join the film, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Morten Tyldum, the director of this year’s award-season contender The Imitation Game, has nearly closed a deal to direct the film.
One of the hurdles facing Lawrence’s deal is her complicated schedule.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 hits theaters on Nov. 20, and Lawrence is starring in David O. Russell‘s Joy, set for release on Christmas Day.
She also will appear in X-Men: Apocalypse, which is scheduled for a May 2016 release.
Along with appearing in the sequel to Marvel’s Guardians, Pratt is the lead in Universal’s Jurassic World, which arrives in theaters June 12.
Sony project Passengers is set on a spacecraft making a journey that takes more than a century. The screenplay for the title is by Jon Spaihts, who previously worked on Prometheus and is writing Marvel’s Doctor Strange.
Variety first reported the news about Lawrence’s offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day