- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Most recently, the music-infused movie had been set to open May 14, 2021, and will instead walk down the aisle on Feb. 11, 2022, in advance of Valentine’s Day. That date had previously been occupied by an untitled Universal event pic.
In a twinned announcement, Universal said it will release an untitled Blumhouse project on Jan. 28, 2022, but provided no further details.
Marry Me was originally scheduled to hit the big screen during the 2021 Valentine’s Day corridor but was waylaid by the pandemic.
Packed with original songs by Jennifer Lopez and Latin music sensation Maluma, Marry Me is based on a graphic novel of the same name by Bobby Crosby that centers on a pop superstar (Lopez) who, moments before marrying her rock-star fiance at Madison Square Garden (Maluma), finds out that he was cheating on her with her assistant and spontaneously melts down onstage and picks a random, divorced math teacher (Wilson) out of the crowd to marry instead.
Marry Me is directed by Kat Coiro from a screenplay by John Rogers, Tami Sagher and Harper Dill.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day