- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steve Martin and Jennifer Lopez are joining Jim Parsons and Rihanna in Home, the DreamWorks Animation feature formerly known as Happy Smekday!
The adaptation of the Adam Rex book The True Meaning of Smekday is slated for a release in November 2014.
The movie tells of a friendly alien race that invades Earth and begins to efficiently reorganize the planet. But one resourceful girl (Rihanna) manages to escape and finds herself teamed up with a banished alien named Oh (Parsons). The two fugitives find themselves on a postapocalyptic road trip with intergalactic stakes.
Martin will voice the role of the very brave and never-wrong leader Captain Smek, while Lopez will play the girl’s mother.
Tim Johnson, who co-directed DWA’s Antz and Over the Hedge, is directing Home.
Chris Jenkins (Rio, Surf’s Up) and Suzanne Buirgy (Kung Fu Panda 2) are producing. Tom J. Astle and Matt Ember (Get Smart) are currently writing the screenplay.
DWA head of development Gregg Taylor is overseeing the project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day