- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
STX is moving the release date of Jennifer Lopez’s upcoming romantic comedy Second Act from Nov. 21 to Dec. 14. Instead of battling it out in the crowded Thanksgiving corridor, the movie will now stake a claim in mid-December in hopes of playing through the holidays and into the new year.
On its new date, the film will face off against Universal’s Peter Jackson-produced fantasy pic Mortal Engines and Sony’s animated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse.
Written by Justin Zackham and Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, Second Act, which is said to be in the vein of 2002’s Maid in Manhattan, stars Lopez as a 40-year-old woman who embarks on a new career on Madison Avenue.
Directed by Peter Segal, the film also stars Leah Remini, Vanessa Hudgens, Treat Williams and Milo Ventimiglia and was produced by Lopez, Goldsmith-Thomas, Zackham and Benny Medina.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day